Live up the magic of Ubud without the crowds
- Traditional temples
- Holy springs
- Near Tegalalang Rice Terrace
Sebatu is located only a half an hour drive away from the famous hotspot Ubud but has nothing touristy about it. No massage places, no vegan restaurants, no shopping streets - just local noodle soup stands, temples shared by families and schools.
Your host may be a teacher in a local primary school, a shop manager in a resort on the beach or an artisan with their own arts and crafts business. This village is a hint more urban than other Duara villages Munti Gunung or Tabanan with quite many people speaking fluent English.
Surrounded by forest and rice fields, Sebatu is ideally located close to springs and waterfalls. The famous Gunung Kawi Sebatu Temple with a holy fountain is where Balinese people go bathe and worship Hindu Gods.
Sebatu and neighbouring villages have impressive temples where big ceremonies are held a couple times a year. Hindu culture and praying play a big part in the everyday life of Sebatu.
DUARA CONTACT: AGUS
PRICE of the stay IN SEBATU:
24 EUR / person / day
24 EUR if you stay for 7+ days
26 EUR if you stay for 4–6 days
30 EUR if you stay 2–3 days
- homestay accommodation in a private room with a lock
- shared toilet and washing room
- electricity, fan, bedsheets and towels
- breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- possibility to join daily activities in the community
Things to do IN SEBATU:
- Participate in a ceremony at the local temple.
- Taste Luwak coffee, made of one of the most expensive beans in the world and learn how.
- Take a bath in the holy fountain of Gunung Kawi Sebatu Temple.
- Take a ride around the village with your motorbike.
- Visit the famous Tegalalang Rice Terrace.
HOW TO GET THERE
If you have rented a motorbike, you can access the village from Ubud in 30 minutes. If you come by taxi, your local Duara contact Agus will be happy to give your driver directions to find the way. From the airport it takes about 1,5h by car.
Congratulations! You are one step closer to Sebatu.
Book your stay by filling in this form and we will get back to you in 48 hours. Notice that things in these villages do not always work as fast as you might be used to. The Duara Contact will need some time to organise things. We hope to receive your booking at least seven (7) days before the beginning of your stay.
Elina from Duara is ready to answer your questions. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!